Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Water Filtered Shower Head


Tonight I bought a water filtered shower head. I have read that filtering any and all water you consume/use is best, but since my house is like 100 years old and falling apart I will have to stick with doing what I can. Everyone knows the benefits about filtering drinking water but there is also supposed to benefits to washing yourself with filtered water.


So anyway I went to Lowes and bought a Sprite Showers Filtered Shower Handle ($30).


The claims are that the filters takes out the chlorine and dirt from the water so that your hair and skin are free of all that and softer. It is supposed to cut down on the buildup of soap scum in the shower too. I know my water is hard. I have fine, blonde hair and I always have such a hard time with it being weighed down without any product. It tends to look and feel greasy and dirty even after I wash it. I have changed my shampoo and conditioner so many times. I have tried not conditioning my hair, using a “cleansing” shampoo, washing my hair flipped upside down. Lots-o-things. So now I am trying the filtered water thing. The shower head has a filter inside the handle which says it needs to be changed every 3 months. At Lowes you can buy a 2 pack of the filters for $14. So I guess that’s not bad, $28 a year.

I am going to give it a few weeks until I make a complete decision on whether or not it was worth it. I’m sure it will take some time until my hair/scalp and skin is free of what is already built up on it. So I will update my blog every so often on the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment